About Big Ideas
Big ideas 2017 is an Enterprise Ireland led event that empowers the front runners in Irish research, to take centre stage and pitch their technology solutions and business propositions to an audience comprised of the Irish research and investment communities. Big Ideas provides investor ready start-ups with a bespoke pathway to success, support with growing their business and creating jobs in Ireland.
The emphasis is placed on potential new companies that are rooted in research, funded by the State. The aim is to highlight the successful collaborations that exist between higher education institutes here in Ireland, investors and state support. The event offers an ideal platform to showcase the quality of research that is currently taking place within institutes of higher education across the country. The accomplishments achieved by Ireland’s national technology transfer system and the high standard of research that is currently being produced by Irish research centres will be featured throughout.
Additionally, the audience will be exposed to a Panel of Entrepreneurs who will give an insight into their journey from concept to contract. The panel will discuss the stages of establishing a business, which are concept development, business feasibility, financing and finally commercialisation.
Big Ideas is an Annual showcase event which highlights successful collaborations between higher education institutes, investors and state support, see Brochure for 2017 Event.
Big Ideas 2017 will take place in The Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin 8 on the 20th of June and will showcase the future of Innovation in Ireland.
The audience will be exposed to?
- Enterprise Ireland’s commercialisation team who specialise in idea feasibility and developing business concepts.
- First hand opportunities to witness Ireland’s latest technologies and business innovations.
- One to one meetings with emerging researchers/start-ups.
- Networking opportunities with members of the Irish research, investor and start up communities.
- Opportunities to invest and fund an aspiring entrepreneur with an innovative and novel idea.
- An occasion to learn from an Expert in the field of Entrepreneurship and Business Development.
Who will be there?
Attendees at Big Ideas 2017 will include: Enterprise Ireland business specialists, established researchers, business experts and a host of Investors.